martes, 10 de marzo de 2009

Alessandro Vasari _ Key West









ALESSANDRO VASARI – PHOTOGRAPHER

Direct descendant of a family of photographers that have been active in
photography since 1870.
For some time now I dedicate to researching the aesthetics of landscapes and to portraying the abstraction of substance and signs, through personal photographic interpretation and creation.
I’m still today produce photography in the fields of art, architecture, industry, advertising and portraits. My work is displayed in several international collections, such as the George Eastman House Museum of
Photography in Rochester ( USA ), G.N.A.M. in Rome, National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. .
From an article about Alessandro Vasari, published in the magazine
“Sguardi on line” – issue n.4/2002,on the www.nital.it website (Nikon Italia):
Born in Rome as “the actor son of an actor father” of Tuscan origins. My great grandfather left Arezzo for the Eternal City in 1865. In 1870 he opened one of the first studios for the production of art and architectural photography in Rome , which had become the capital of the kingdom only in 1867.
Since these origins, the Vasari family has always been involved in
photography.
I consider myself to be a two-faced Janus: one face is technical and canonical and leaves little to the imagination and fantasy. The other is creative and informal and sublimates the photographic act through abstract images, thus representing my “other” direction. This other face leads me to moments of total anarchical dreaming, when I try to test the technical limits by using the camera and lenses to the extreme.
I direct the lenses towards what I feel to be free aesthetic pleasure and I
select different subjects, from a landscape to an inanimate detail of an old wall. All of them must have the power of catching my attention and
stimulating the click.
Photography as an art form is a constant concern to me. I am convinced that many years of experience are necessary before one can appreciate the beauty of one's own art. For this reason, I register and archive my work, showing only a small part of my personal “other” face.

Exhibitions:

- June 2005 “ Memory of the stones”
Gallery Arteficinterni - Rome
- June 2006 “D’ailleurs, c’est toujours les autres qui meurent”, AGAVE
Gallery in Rome;
- December 2007 “Orizzonti” Brancaleone Gallery in Rome.

www.alessandrovasari.com

No hay comentarios: